Bay Jiu-Jitsu Kids In-House Tournaments
Bay Jiu-Jitsu Kids In-House Tournaments are a great way for your kid to get competition experience before entering outside tournaments. Kids of all levels (including absolute beginners) are welcome to compete. The sooner kids start competing, the quicker they will learn. Win or lose, in-house tournaments will strengthen their technique and better prepare them for real-life self-defense situations. All in-house tournaments are very friendly in nature.
We view our daily jiu-jitsu classes like soccer practice, and tournaments like soccer games. The more experience kids get during game-time, the faster their skills will improve.
How In-House Tournaments Work
- Kids will be matched according to weight, age, and skill-level.
- Every kid is guaranteed 2 matches.
- Ages 4-6 have 2 minute matches.
- Ages 7-9 have 3 minute matches.
- Ages 10-17 have 4 minute matches.
- 1st Place, 2nd Place, and 3rd Place medals will be awarded.
- Every kid will receive at least one medal for participation.
- Brackets will be announced the day of the tournament.
In-House Tournament Rules
- Only kids that practice tap-outs will be allowed to use tap-outs.
- In the event of a tie, one more minute is added to the clock and next point wins.
- In the event of a tie after the additional minute of over-time, the referee decides the winner.
- The referees may tap for the kids if they deem it necessary for safety measures.
- We loosely follow IBJJF rules, minus advantages and penalties to keep it simple.
In-House Tournament Point System
Knee in Belly